NHO and BNCC are happy to invite members to a combined book launch and debate.
Over the last 20 years, Brazil has gone through deep political, economic and social changes. The changes have also had a major impact on the relationship between our two countries. As the Brazilian transformation continues, how will the Brazil-Norway relationship change in the next five to ten years?
First, BNCC member and author Torkjell Leira will present his new book “Brazil – The Giant wakes up”. The book examines the Brazilian transformation in the 21st century, with emphasis on economic, social, political and environmental issues.
The presentation will be followed by a pertinent debate about the future relationship between the two countries. The great optimism from the years 2003-2010 now seems to be replaced by pessimism. Is that the correct picture, or is it caused by an over-evaluation of the latest Brazilian growth rates and the pre-salt slowdown?
NHO and BNCC wish to welcome all members to join the debate, and have invited the following speakers to open it:
- Paulo Guimarães, consultant at Brasca, author of the book Brazil-Norway: Elements for strategic partnerships
- Harald Martinsen, President of BNCC
- Torkjell Leira, human geographer and author, University of Oslo
The debate will approach the following themes:
- The political and diplomatic relationship
- The industrial and economic relationship
- Energy and environment
- Education, research and innovation